Take Your Career to the Next Level
The Aspiring Latino Leaders Fellowship is a 9-month program that supports Latino education leaders in Massachusetts, Houston, and the Bay Area to advance in their leadership journey and ultimately expand their sphere of influence in the education sector, so more of our students succeed. We support our Fellows through culturally responsive professional development and a strong network of Latino professionals.
Join a Network of over 500 Latinx Educators
The Aspiring Latino Leaders Fellowship has connected hundreds of Latinx educators from Boston to Houston, the Bay Area and beyond.
Pedagogy & Delivery Methods
Fellowship curriculum is developed through evidenced based research, education leadership frameworks, case studies, and landscape assessments of leadership competencies needed to thrive in leading across K-12. All session content is vetted by Latinos for Education’s expert staff and our external facilitators, as well as assessed for impact via diagnostic and summative surveys.
Fellows will learn throughout the Fellowship via panels and guest subject matter experts, research-based case discussions, interactive activities (surveys, discussions, reflections), learning communities, and career exploration.
The Aspiring Latino Leaders Fellowship runs from Fall 2023 through Spring 2024 in a HYBRID setting. Fellows must participate in all sessions.
- September (Dates TBA) – Weekend In-Person Retreat
- October 6, 2023- In-Person Session
- November 3, 2023- In-Person Session
- December 1, 2023- Virtual Session
- January 12, 2024 – Virtual Session
- February 2, 2024- In-Person Session
- March 1, 2024 -In-Person Session
- April 5, 2024 -Virtual Session
- May 3, 2024- In-Person Session
What is the professional background of Fellows?
- Employed by a Public School District, CMO, or Private K-12 education organization
- Currently in a mid-level to senior-level leadership position (campus or central office)
What are the personal characteristics of Fellows?
- Identify as Latino/a/x/e
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience
- Commitment to education equity for Latinx students within their local ecosystem and nationally.
- Desire to learn, grow, and expand their sphere of influence.
- Personification of Latinos for Education’s core values.
- Openness to new ideas and alternative perspectives of education leadership.
The Aspiring Latino Leaders Fellowship Is Life Changing: My Story as a Fellow
The Aspiring Latino Leaders Fellowship Is Life Changing: My Story as a Fellow By: Kimberly Gallegos, 2022 Aspiring Latino Leaders Fellow I have always known in my gut that I wanted to have
Statement on President Biden’s Proposed FY 2024 Budget & Investments in Latino Education
“President Biden’s proposed budget outlines critical investments in Latino students because investing in Latino students is about investing in the future of this nation” Washington, D.C. - Amanda Fernandez, CEO and Founder of Latinos
Believing in the Power of Black and Latino Students Is How We Create Change
Believing in the power of Black and Latino students Is How We Create Change By: Dr. Karen Maldonado, Chief Program and Innovation Officer I did not have a teacher that looked like me