LATINOS FOR EDUCATION
Latinos for Education is partnering with corporate sponsors to provide the tech devices that students need to engage with learning such as Chromebooks, Wi-Fi hotspots, and headphones, among others. In an effort to provide connectivity, we will also be working with partners to subsidize the cost of internet services for families in need. We will be collaborating with 14 school districts across the commonwealth and nonprofit organizations in those communities to ensure the devices get in the hands of the most vulnerable students.
TECH GOES HOME
In partnership with Tech Goes Home, we will be providing digital literacy training for parents so that they can support their children’s learning at home. We hope to raise funds to support and expand Tech Goes Home’s work.
Resources for parents and students:
Statements and Releases
- Statement on the creation of the new Broadband Equity Commission
- Latinos for Education and MA Joint Committee on Education Highlight Tech and Education Disparities Impacting Latino Students
- Statement on the adoption of the Broadband Equity Commission language in the Conference Committee Budget
- Massachusetts Legislative Briefing: The Impact of COVID-19 and the Digital Divide on the State of Latino Education
- Blog: Using Tech To Address Student Mental Health During COVID-19
In the News
- Digital gaps underscore need: “Tech para todos” | WWLP
- #TechParaTodos Townhall with Senator Ed Markey | El Mundo Boston
- Piden Recursos Tecnológicos Para Estudiantes Latinos | Telemundo Nueva Inglaterra
- Enfoque – Covid-19 y la educación de los niños hispanos en Massachusetts | Telemundo Nueva Inglaterra
From Latinos for Education
- Latino Education in the Time of COVD: The Pandemic’s Unique Impact on Latino Students and Families in Massachusetts
Reports from the Field
If you’re interested in learning more, subscribe to our newsletter.