Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Select applicants will be invited to participate in an in-person interview. Candidates selected for the program will be notified by late November.
Priority Deadline: Sunday, September 22nd, 2019
Final Deadline: Sunday, October 20th, 2019
We accept nominations on a rolling basis. Applications are currently open so all nominees will be invited to apply for the 2020 cohort. Nominations are encouraged but not required.
The fellowship includes six sessions which are broken up into a full-day session on a Saturday and evening sessions on weekdays. Attendance at all sessions is required for participation in the fellowship. The session dates are listed below.
- February 1, 2020: Full Day Session
- February 26, 2020: Evening Seminar
- March 25, 2020: Evening Seminar
- April 22, 2020: Evening Seminar
- May 20, 2020: Evening Seminar
- June 3, 2020: Evening Seminar
The Latino Board Fellowship is a leadership development program, which culminates with matching each Fellow to the board of an education organization where their skill-sets contribute in tangible, mission-driven ways. After matches are announced in June 2020, a three to six-month cultivation process begins. Fellows and partner organizations follow a protocol to evaluate mutual fit.
Fellows commit to:
- attend all sessions including one full day Saturday launch session and five in-person evening sessions;
- be open to learning how to be an effective board member and using tools and resources related to best governance practice;
- participate actively in the program, collaborating with fellows around issues of good governance, diverse boards, improving board effectiveness, and making positive contributions to boards; and
- engage actively in the board matching and cultivation process.
For any additional questions about the program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.