Become a Boston Latino Board Fellow
Applications and will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Select applicants will be invited to participate in an in-person interview. Candidates selected for the program will be notified by mid-November.
Priority Deadline: Monday, October 8th, 2018
Final Deadline: Sunday, November 4th, 2018
Applications are closed for the 2019 cohort. Please complete the nomination form to express your interest in future cohorts.
The Latino Board Fellowship is a six-month program, which culminates with matching each Fellow to the board of an education organization where their skill-sets contribute in tangible, mission-driven ways. After matches are announced in June 2019, a three to six-month cultivation process begins. Fellows and partner organizations follow a protocol to evaluate mutual fit.
Fellows commit to:
- attend all sessions including one full day Saturday launch session, five in-person evening sessions, and two webinars;
- be open to learning how to be an effective board member and using tools and resources related to best governance practice;
- participate actively in the program, collaborating with fellows around issues of good governance, diverse boards, improving board effectiveness, and making positive contributions to boards; and
- engage actively in the board matching and cultivation process.
- The training, supports and connections to influencers you need to make an impact
- Personalized experience alongside a cohort of exceptional leaders
- Access to professional development and roles through the Latinos for Education Talent Hub
- Ongoing support as alumni of Latinos for Education programming
The Latino Board Fellowship is free for program participants.
MEET OUR ALUMNI
Over the past two years, we have matched fellows in Greater Boston and in 2019 we are launching our first cohort in Houston. Learn more about our two cohorts of Fellows.
R.D. Leyva, Director of National Engagement×
Amanda Fernández, Founder/CEO×
Daniel Velasco, Vice President of Strategy and Programs×
Andy Canales, Executive Director of Greater Houston×
José Coló, Director of Greater Boston Programs×
Samantha Ader, Chief of Staff×
Johana Muriel Grajales, Director of Greater Boston×
Sylvia Zelaya, Manager of Greater Boston×