THE APPLICATION FOR THE ASPIRING LATINO LEADERS FELLOWSHIP HAS CLOSED
Interested in learning about the 2018 fellowship? Sign up for our newsletter to get updates on our next application cycle.
You can also learn more about the 2017 fellows here.
The Aspiring Latino Leaders Fellowship is an 8-month program that supports Latino education leaders in the Greater Boston area. This program focuses on long-term support for Latino education leaders with an emphasis on identity-development. Fellows will explore their leadership through capacity building sessions designed to increase self-efficacy in the following areas:
- Understanding the individual and collective Latino identity and it’s influence over their professional path
- Management within the organizational / institutional context
- Leading Change / Collective Impact with Latino communities
- Mapping and advancing careers within the education sector
We are seeking aspiring Latino education leaders between the ages of 26-35 years old who represent the educational sector broadly. Our goal is to create an ecosystem of Latino education leaders who may not typically have opportunities to work together toward a common goal of educational equity.
We encourage applicants to apply with work experience in any of the following areas:
- traditional and charter public education
- education or youth serving organizations
- policy and advocacy
- education social ventures
- other organizations that serve Latino children in the Greater Boston area
Attendance is mandatory during programming for each in-person convening. If you know of existing conflicts the the below dates, we encourage you to re-apply at another time when your schedule allows. Each in-person convening is held on a Friday unless otherwise noted.
- May 5th – 7th (Friday – Sunday)
- June 16th
- July (Offline group work)
- August 4th
- September 15th
- October 13th
- November 3rd
- December 1st
APPLICATION PROCESS & TIMELINE:
APPLICATION AND DEADLINE INFORMATION:
In your application, you will be asked to complete two short-answer responses and submit your resume. We encourage you to prepare your short answer responses in advance of completing the application.
Before you complete your application, please have the following documents ready to upload:
- 2 Short Answer Responses – Please observe word limits and upload your responses in .doc format only.
- What do you think is the most pressing challenge faced by Latino families in accessing quality education? (500 word limit)
- What brings you to this work? What in your experiences has shaped your beliefs about education? (300 word limit)
- Resume (2-page max) – Please format in .doc or .pdf
NOMINATE A FRIEND OR COLLEAGUE:
This fellowship is open to Latino education leaders in the Greater Boston area. We encourage you to nominate someone that you think would be great for this program by completing this form. You may submit up to three nominations.
For any additional questions about the program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.