Latinos for Education is mobilizing key stakeholders to help close the digital divide across the Commonwealth for vulnerable Latino families and students. Currently, there are thousands of students across Massachusetts who still need reliable devices, equitable broadband access, and digital literacy training for them and their families. Help us provide #TechParaTodos by donating, signing and sharing our campaign.
With everyone’s cooperation, Latinos For Education will help provide the technology devices students need to participate in remote learning.
Latinos for Education for is a proud partner of the NBCUniversal Supporting Our Schools Initiative.
Latinos for Education is partnering with corporate sponsors to provide the tech devices that students need to engage with learning such as Chromebooks, Wi-Fi hotspots, and headphones, among others. In an effort to provide connectivity, we will also be working with partners to subsidize the cost of internet services for families in need. We will be collaborating with 14 school districts across the commonwealth and nonprofit organizations in those communities to ensure the devices get in the hands of the most vulnerable students.
In partnership with Tech Goes Home, we will be providing digital literacy training for parents so that they can support their children’s learning at home. We hope to raise funds to support and expand Tech Goes Home’s work.
Click here to learn more about digital literacy resources and courses for parents and students:
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE DIGITAL DIVIDE AND GET INVOLVED
Statements and Releases
- Statement on the creation of the new Broadband Equity Commission
- Latinos for Education and MA Joint Committee on Education Highlight Tech and Education Disparities Impacting Latino Students
- Statement on the adoption of the Broadband Equity Commission language in the Conference Committee Budget
- Massachusetts Legislative Briefing: The Impact of COVID-19 and the Digital Divide on the State of Latino Education
- Blog: Using Tech To Address Student Mental Health During COVID-19
In the News
- Digital gaps underscore need: “Tech para todos” | WWLP
- #TechParaTodos Townhall with Senator Ed Markey | El Mundo Boston
- Piden Recursos Tecnológicos Para Estudiantes Latinos | Telemundo Nueva Inglaterra
- Enfoque – Covid-19 y la educación de los niños hispanos en Massachusetts | Telemundo Nueva Inglaterra
From Latinos for Education
- Latino Education in the Time of COVD: The Pandemic’s Unique Impact on Latino Students and Families in Massachusetts
Reports from the Field
Subscribe to our newsletter for updates about Latinos for Education.